Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How do you see professional photography? Unneeded? Non-budget for expense? Just too expensive? {Mia Bella Photography :: Louisville, KY Photographer}

Do you see professional photography as an unneeded and non budgeted for expense? Or it's just too expensive?


In a conversation at my daughter's school today I had two Moms of older children say that they regret never having "real" professional pictures taken. And a lot of times professional photography is seen as a luxury - an unneeded, non budgeted expense that's just too expensive. But what if it didn't have to be with a change in point of view and a few savings?

I myself am a very frugal person and can definitely see this explanation as valid. However, there have been several times in my life that I've saved my money up for a COACH bag, or I've made too many trips to Target leaving with the question of "what did I just buy for $95?!" And I'm sure my health would serve me better if I passed on eating out several times a month. Did I REALLY need that manicure or new pair of boots?

Now in my life, my COACH bag sits in my closet collecting dust, I can't remember what I even purchased at Target and eating at home is better for me anyways. Manicures are a rarity and the boots from last year are scuffed and faded. But these gorgeous pictures I have of my daughter (before I started Mia Bella) still hang on my walls and serve as a reminder of her as a baby and I will ALWAYS have them to cherish. 

As with anything, you save your money up for what is important, and what is more important than memories that won't collect dust, fade or be forgotten?






Mia Bella Photography :: Louisville KY Photographer :: Photographer in Louisville :: Newborn Photographer in Louisville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'm so glad you stopped by! Take a second and leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you think!